A fantastic opportunity for swimmers aged 16+ to train as a swimming teacher with Brio.
The academy allows aspiring teachers to receive all their training for only £79, compared to the usual cost of over £1,000. It includes mentoring to support your development, and you’ll be matched with an employer.
Successful applicants will complete their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualifications and be supported through their training journey with Institute of Swimming Membership which includes over £100 worth of free e-learning. To help them develop, trainees will spend some time volunteering and get support from a mentor to ensure they have the necessary experience for the role and are ready to hit the poolside well equipped to teach.
Teaching swimming is an active and rewarding role. Work hours are generally part-time and there are a variety of working hours available across weekdays and weekends. For these roles, there may be an opportunity to work across the following leisure centres;
- Christleton Sports Centre, Plough Lane, Christleton, Chester, CH3 7AS
- Ellesmere Port Sports Village, Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 9LB
- Neston Recreation Centre, Raby Park Road, Neston, CH64 9NQ
- Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU
- Northwich Memorial Court, Chesterway, Northwich, CW9 5QJ
- Winsford Lifestyle Centre, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AD
Once qualified successful trainees will be employed as paid swimming teachers by Brio Leisure on a casual or part-time basis.
For full details click here: https://www.swimming.org/ios/course-information/cheshire-west-swimming-teacher-recruitment-academy/.