Please forward this email on to all your club members.
Please see latest regional information including events and courses that are coming up over the next few months,
Prohibiting use of mobiles in changing rooms will help protect our members
Swim England’s new version of Wavepower contains an important update with regards the usage of mobile devices in changing rooms.
Kevin Suckling, Swim England’s head of safeguarding and welfare, explains the reasoning behind that decision, click here.
Swim England is staging drop-in sessions for those holding key roles at clubs to help clarify the key changes to Wavepower.
These will be led by members of Swim England’s safeguarding team and those attending will also get the chance to take part in an open forum questions and answer session.
The next session will take place on:
- Sunday 11 February (2pm to 4pm)
While it is advised welfare officers attend one of the sessions, they are also other officials such as club chairs, committee members, coaches, teachers and chaperones/team managers.
To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Wavepower information session detailing when you’d like to attend, the names and email addresses of those who will be joining the online call and any questions you’d like answering.
Safeguarding and Welfare - New requirements for Adult-Only / Masters clubs
Swim England has released an Adult Safeguarding policy for the first time as part of the updated Wavepower. Beginning August 1 2024, clubs will be required to appoint a Welfare Lead or Welfare officer
Exciting News! Dive into the Future of Water Polo in North West!
Join Swim England North West in shaping the next era of Water Polo
Our Water Polo Management Group is on the lookout for passionate individuals to fulfil the following roles:
- Boys' Inter Region/Talent Pathway Lead
- Coaching Lead
- Competition Lead
Be part of the action, contribute to the growth, and foster excellence in our water polo community, for more information click here.
Swim England North West Ltd - Membership
On the 1st of January 2022 the region became Swim England North West Ltd.
If your club isn’t a member your club will not be able to attend the regional AGM or vote on how the region is managed.
This does not affect how we provide help to your club or any of our regional courses/events or competitions. If your club isn’t already a member we are inviting your club to become an member of the company, Please email email@example.com if you require further information
SENW Regional Age Group Competition & Junior/Senior Championships 2024 – Artistic Swimming, 10/11 February 2024
Spectator tickets & Coach/Team Manager Poolside Accreditation Passes now available to purchase, please click here.
SENW Regional Masters Championships 2024
The 2024 Regional Masters Championships will take place at Palatine Leisure Centre on Saturday 24th February 2024 entries are now open and close midnight 19.2.24 click here for further details.
Club Health Tracker
Swim England online tool, the Club Health Tracker, is open for Year 2 submissions, the aim is to help clubs identify and confirm areas of strengths and weaknesses and see how that compares to other clubs, click here for further details.
SENW Youth Advisory Panel – Applications Now Open!
SENW is excited to announce that we are seeking several further young volunteers (aged 15-20) on a voluntary basis, to join our Swim England North West Youth Advisory Panel, click here for further details.
Swim England to carry out ‘thorough’ review of SwimMark accreditation programme
Swim England is proceeding with a ‘thorough’ review of its SwimMark accreditation programme and will be seeking the views of affiliated clubs, regions and key stakeholders, click here for further details.
GoCardless Swim England Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships 2024, 9-10 March 2024
The GoCardless Swim England Artistic Swimming National Age Group Championships is the premiere competition for young artistic swimmers in England.
Swim England Diving Judge 1 Course - Registration of Interest
2024 dates now out please click here to register your interest
GLL Sport Foundation is now accepting applications for 2024/25
GLL who operate Leisure facilities on behalf of local Councils as the ‘BETTER’ brand run a programme to fund and support talented athletes in our area if your club use a facility run by this company you may be eligible for funding. – Applications for 2024/2025 close on 20th February!!!
Swim England Financial Forum 27.2.24, 7.30pm
This forum will provide a platform for open discussion and questions regarding club financial matters, There will be presentations from Crowdfunder UK and GoCardless. It's open to club, county and regional representatives such as treasurers and fundraising officers, click here to register
Foundations of Inclusivity CPD
A free learner-led CPD to provide an introduction to equality, diversity and inclusion. Please note, CPD attendance is now a mandatory requirement as part of Club Affiliation for executive officers.
- Swimming Coach – Sale (Blended Learning), Closing date 7.2.24 Click here.
- Water Polo Coach – Bolton (Blended Learning), Closing date 27.2.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Darwen (Blended Learning), Closing date 19.3.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Workington (Blended Learning), Closing date 27.3.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Stockport (Blended Learning), Closing date 10.4.24 Click here.
- Swimming Coach – Darwen (Blended Learning), Closing date 21.4.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Knowsley (Blended Learning), Closing date 14.5.24 Click here.
- Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach – Irlam (Blended Learning), Closing date 11.6.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Sale (Blended Learning), Closing date 6.8.24 Click here.
- Assistant Swimming Coach – Birkenhead (Blended Learning), Closing date 8.8.24 Click here.
Changes to DBS and Safeguarding requirements
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and welfare, from 1 January 2024, all club staff whose DBS and Safeguarding expire, will not be allowed poolside unsupervised. The changes have been published in Wavepower 2024. A second Safeguarding refresher module is now available to those who have completed the full Swim England face-to-face / online CPD, click here
Funding is also available for clubs that complete the refresher and face to face CPD via Swim England/IOS click here for full details.
Volunteer Training Courses
- SE Welfare Officer Training (Time to Listen), 16.2.2024, 6pm – click here
- Team Manager 1, 21.3.2024, 6pm – click here
- Team Manager 1, 22.3.2024, 6pm – click here
- Team Manager 2, 26.4.24, 6pm – click here
Swim England Good Club Governance Workshops
Swim England offer a number of workshops to support clubs and individuals undertaking these roles. To register your interest, please click one of the links below:
- Club Secretary and Membership Officer workshops, 12.2, 19.3.24 click here.
- Club Chairperson information session Mandatory attendance, 9.2, 21.2, 8.3.24 click here.
- Club Welfare Officer workshop Mandatory attendance, 13.2, 23.2, 6.3, 11.3.24 click here.
- National Chairs Forum, If you have previously attended or recorded your interest, you don’t need to do it again, you will be sent the joining link, register here.
- National Welfare Forum 19.2.24, Any Welfare Officers who are interested in attending or for further information please click here.
- SwimMark and Club Affiliation workshop, 24.4, 7.5.24 click here.
Club Matters (open) workshops
Club Matters training opportunities are free and available to those involved in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England.
Please click here for the upcoming Club Matters workshop opportunity’s that are available.
There’s some useful guidance on Sport England’s Club Matters on how to go about setting up a hardship fund.
Careers in Aquatics – see the latest vacancies below
Bury & Elton Amateur Swimming Club - closing date 8.2.24, 23:59
Follow us on our social networks
Swim England North West Limited
M 07780 497099
Working days: Monday-Thursday, 09:00-14:45