Promotion is based on 3 areas: Training performance, Racing performance, and Key attributes including; attitude, commitment, motivation, organisation, timekeeping and being self-reliant.
For all promotions please be aware that coaches discretion is the deciding factor as there are many other considerations to determine a swimmers readiness for promotion. A birthday later in the year may mean target times are harder for some to achieve than others. Likewise we wouldn’t hold a National Backstroke swimmer back if they didn’t know how to dive. Ultimately the coaches will make the right decision for each swimmer on an individual basis.
- Regular attendance at training
- Work hard in training, following sets and instructions
- Can follow written sets and work independently
- Understands how to use the pace clock
- Correct turns in training to include two handed touch turns for Breaststroke and Butterfly, tumble turns for Front Crawl and Back Crawl and correct turns during an Individual Medley.
- Understands and attempts underwater work in training, both at the start of the swim and during turns
- Can perform starts from blocks
- Can complete a set up to 800m
- Knows the Individual Medley order and can swim 200 Individual Medley without stopping (in training set)
- Enter Time Trials, Club Championships and Level 4 Meets
- Compete in a range of strokes and distances up to and including 200m
- North Midlands times in two or more different strokes over two or more distances