Promotion is based on 3 areas: Training performance, Racing performance, and Key attributes including; attitude, commitment, motivation, organisation, timekeeping and being self-reliant.
For all promotions please be aware that coaches discretion is the deciding factor as there are many other considerations to determine a swimmers readiness for promotion. A birthday later in the year may mean target times are harder for some to achieve than others. Likewise we wouldn’t hold a National Backstroke swimmer back if they didn’t know how to dive. Ultimately the coaches will make the right decision for each swimmer on an individual basis.
- Regular attendance at training
- Work hard in training, following sets and instructions
- Can follow written sets and use the pace clock to work independently
- Understands pacing and can demonstrate it during sets
- To initiate mobility before training
- Enter Club Championships and Level 2 Meets
- Compete in at least 200 IM and a range of strokes and distances up to and including 400m
- Enter North Midlands and Cheshires
- To achieve Cheshire times in two or more different strokes over two or more distances