Promotion is based on 3 areas: Training performance, Racing performance, and Key attributes including; attitude, commitment, motivation, organisation, timekeeping and being self-reliant.
For all promotions please be aware that coaches discretion is the deciding factor as there are many other considerations to determine a swimmers readiness for promotion. A birthday later in the year may mean target times are harder for some to achieve than others. Likewise we wouldn’t hold a National Backstroke swimmer back if they didn’t know how to dive. Ultimately the coaches will make the right decision for each swimmer on an individual basis.
- To be aged 13 or older
- Regular attendance at training
- Work hard in training, following sets and instructions
- Can follow written sets and use the pace clock to work independently
- Enter Club Championships and up to Level 2 Meets
- Compete in a range of strokes and distances
- Enter North Midlands and Cheshires
- To achieve six or more Cheshire times
- To achieve one or more regional time.