Promotion is based on 3 areas: Training performance, Racing performance, and Key attributes including; attitude, commitment, motivation, organisation, timekeeping and
For all promotions please be aware that coaches discretion is the deciding factor as there are many other considerations to determine a swimmers readiness for promotion. A birthday later in the year may mean target times are harder for some to achieve than others. Likewise we wouldn’t hold a National Backstroke swimmer back if they didn’t know how to dive. Ultimately the coaches will make the right decision for each swimmer on an individual basis.
- Regular attendance at training
- Work hard in training, following sets and instructions
- Can follow written instructions
- Correct turns in training to include two handed touch turns for Breaststroke and Butterfly and a tumble turn for Front Crawl and Back Crawl
- Can complete a set of up to 500m
- Knows the Individual Medley order and can swim 100 Individual Medley without stopping (in training set)
- Performs correct ‘in the water’ starts in training.
- Can dive from poolside
- Enter Time Trials, Club Championships and Level 4 Meets
- To achieve one or more North Midland Times (link to latest North mid times - coming soon)